Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Loving it here in Mexico! Sept. 7, 2015

Our ward council is pretty much the best ever haha.
I know the bishop looks almost whiter than me, but he IS Mexican:)
I love that man!

Hey mom! That is so crazy! I bet it was fun hearing all those stories! Don't worry, I have some for you too when I get back:) Pretty much everybody who I came out with have told me that I will be the first one to get married so they will all come out for my wedding haha. I'm not sure I am going to follow my big bros footsteps and get it done in 5 months. Heck why wait so long???

What is the deal with Brenton?? Is really getting married? That is crazy! At least he has the beard going for him.

My buddy from Sidney is getting married.


This week was good! nothing new really just the same old same old.

We are getting pretty excited for general conference! I know it is still a month out, but I look forward to that day like nobody's business! This Sunday we get to go to the re-dedication of the Mexico City Temple!!! I am so pumped!! It will be great! It will be the second temple re-dedication that I will have just in my mission!

Sorry it's a crazy day so I don't have a lot of time to write.

Have a great week mommsmi!!!!

Te amo mucho!

Elder Hackleman


On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 7:38 AM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder,

What a week we have had. Jaren and Chelsey and 5 of his favorite missionaries came out for the BYU/Nebraska football game. We are taking the last one to the airport in Grand Island this morning so he can fly back to Arizona. Jaren and the rest of the crew drove all night and are just about back home. Should be there in the next hour or so.

We had a great time. We heard mission stories all weekend. It was wonderful. Two of the guys were with Jaren in the MTC and actually flew with him to Peru. For the first time I heard the story of their plight to get there. It was pretty traumatic as a new missionary. It definitely bound them together for life. They had to sleep on the floor with no bedding and their suitcases were put in a separate area so they couldn't even shower or brush their teeth. It was all very bizarre. Then they got thrown in the field. Jake of course was Jaren's first companion. One other guy who was here this weekend was Jaren's last AP before he came home. Basically the 5 guys are best friends for life now.

Peru Lima West Missionaries, Post Mission Photo
BYU-Nebraska Football Game 2015


One brave soul dared to wear a BYU shirt to the game.



We are heading out right now to the airport. Hopefully I will write more later.

Love you!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment