Monday, February 23, 2015

I absolutely love life here!

There is a giant statue of the Virgin Maria that overlooks the city of Huatusco.
It stands over 900 feet tall.
In English we say Virgin Mary.

I liked this mountain because it looks like a volcano.

This is out the back end. Way off in the distance is Veracruz. We are hundreds of miles away, but you can still barely see the city when you go up on the mountain top on a clear day. You probably can't in this picture though.

More pictures taken during my hike up the mountain near the city of Huatusco.

I tried out the panoramic view on my camera.

The tall white building in the middle is our apartments.
We live in the best housing in town.

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 Seth Hackleman wrote:

We also went hiking on some trails and found a cool little lagoon! It is very pretty! Apparently there are tons of rumors about this lagoon. Stuff like a giant 80 foot anaconda that lives there and crocodiles and stuff haha. There are 2 giant crosses nearby because apparently 2 guys from the US came down to try and clean up this lagoon and they were never found again. The people here built crosses to remember them. I don’t have pictures of the crosses but everything else I will send! It is all pretty cool!

This is the sister who drove us up there.
She is super awesome.

Us hiking on the trail.


I took this while on the trail.


Apparently there are tons of rumors about this lagoon. Stuff like a giant 80 foot anaconda that lives there and crocodiles and stuff haha.

Me and my best buddy!


On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 Seth Hackleman wrote:

So in answer to your question, yes and no. I can’t remember which mountain you are talking about but we did go up “A” mountain today haha. I will send pictures of everything because I took quite a few. One of them is a panoramic picture of all of Huatusco! I hope you can see it pretty well because it is pretty awesome lol. Is Nathan in Titanium???? Is Nick still in it too?


 

We have this family in the ward and the son is 16 and is EXACTLY like Nick. It’s ridiculous, except he doesn't speak English haha.



Tell grant I have grown 4 inches since I left so good luck passing me up now! (I haven’t really but just tell him that. I don’t want him to have any hope of growing taller than me.) You are a busy mom! For the first time in your life you are running around trying to make it to all of your sons’ activities, Nathan’s show choir, Grant’s basketball... clank. Oh wait, you have been doing that your whole life! It’s not like we have ever had more than one football game going on before right? haha.

That doesn't surprise me at all by the way, about Pathways. 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

That is so awesome:) you have always been such a hard worker!

I’m absolutely loving life here!


Anyways thanks for everything mommy! I will send some pictures now!

Elder Hackleman

Email sent earlier in the day. 

Hey mom, once again I have a favor if you have time. Every Tuesday we go to Cordoba for district class. We have to use a bus and always get their about half an hour early. They have a piano there. We don’t have one in our little house of worship and I want to learn some new songs. I love Sally Deford music and since it is free, I was wondering if you could email me one or two of them? I can print them off here. I really want a cool version of, “If you could Hie to Kolab.” Thanks! I’ll be back on at 4:30 for my regular email time.


If You Could Hie to Kolob.



Thank you for the music!
I’m going to print it out and give it a try!!


Congratulations to my good friend back in the USA who got baptized on Saturday. I am thinking of you!





Oh and thanks for the Celsius Fahrenheit scale. I used to know it, but now, if it doesn't involve the restoration or the plan of salvation, I probably won’t remember haha and pesos, those are about 13-1. It is constantly changing but approximately 13 pesos is equal to 1 dollar. Anyways thanks for everything mommy! I will send some pictures now!

Elder Hackleman




Formula for converting Celsius to Fahrenheit.

No comments:

Post a Comment