Friday, May 8, 2015

Missionary in Mexico Helps a Sick Horse


So the wonderful lady who always takes us places on p-days, has a horse. The horse got super sick this week and couldn't move. It has a ton of muscle spasms and stuff and was really bad off. Vets have come out to look at it and have prescribed her with a bunch of horse meds, but it is really expensive to have a vet administer the meds to the horse for some reason, but here in Mexico it is really easy to get the meds so she just bought them with the syringes and drip bags and everything and was going to inject the horse by herself. 

The problem is she had no idea how to do it. 

The vet wrote her some instructions but not very detailed.
I told her I would do it for her.  I know how to do that stuff because of the clinical lab class I took, plus I have been hooked up to IVs enough in my life that I kind of got the system figured out.
I would much rather be handling the needles from THIS end. You know how much I hate getting shots and IV's but I really don't mind giving them.
I found the carotid artery and hooked the horse up to the IV for my dear friend.
Then I injected the other medicines into the horse's behind.

Needless to say, my friend was very impressed and told a bunch of people about how well I did.
Some folks thought I was a vet so they asked if I could come look at their cows and stuff.
I was like, freak I don't know anything about them!
I just know how to inject! hahaha. It was pretty cool though.
The horse is doing a lot better now.
It still can't walk or anything but it is at least eating and doesn't have muscle spasms.
That is me on the left getting ready to help this poor horse.


No comments:

Post a Comment