Monday, September 8, 2014

Letter's This Week

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 7:57 AM, Amy wrote:

Elder S. Hackleman,

How are things? Hopefully you are well. We went to the Papio football game last night. They played Bell West. We ended up losing but it was a very intense game. Both teams are playing with quarterbacks who throw long passes. It looked a lot different than the way we played last year. Every time we tried to run up the middle, or run at all, we were stopped in our tracks. It makes a huge difference when there is no Seth and no what's his name, you know your buddy.

Kicking isn't as good, with no Billy, and returns really put us in a bind. We ended up on the 1 yard line on the wrong end of the field a couple of times, not the same as running it back for a touchdown. There were some glimmers of hope, with some long passes, but there were quite a few interceptions as well. It felt weird watching the game. I kept looking for you, and I had to keep telling myself, hello, wake-up girl. Get with the 2014's. That was so yesterday, ha.

We have a new band teacher as well. The half time program was a lot different than what I am used to seeing. We were sitting by brother Hettinger at the game and he told us the band teacher came over from Bell East. I guess he is supposed to be really good. The band bought a brand new very expensive sound system. Only trouble was, it didn't work, at all. They were messing around with it for quite a while. Finally they just had to play without it. There were different times when a band member would go up to the microphone and play something, but from where we were sitting we couldn't hear it at all since it didn't go through the un-working sound system. The football players came back out on the field to warm up and the band was only half way through their program. Kind of weird.

Your dad is so funny, he said, "I guess that is what happens when you buy your sound system on E-Bay." I'm not sure Brother Hettinger found that as funny as we did hee hee.

Nathan is still tossing around the idea of trying out for Titan Express show choir. I think tryouts are next week, so we shall see.

I love you and I can't wait to hear all about your week!

Love,

Mom

Mommy! That's too bad about Papio South. I wonder if Coach O said anything before the game when they were watching film from last year and watched me drive their nose guard ten yards out of the back of the endzone while Drew Klein ran right behind me for a touchdown! lol. I can't believe we got a new band teacher!!! I thought everybody worshiped him! that's crazy. hey by the way, thank you for all of the Dear Elders! It makes my day whenever I open up my districts mailbox and I have one in there:) I know you are busy and can't do it every day, but just no they are appreciated!! 

Good for Grant in his game! He is taking after his biggest bro! Tell him to wipe the sweat off of his face with his hand before he snaps the ball. It will help him grip it easier so he doesn't have to fear dropping it. I didn't think I would ever tell anyone the secret to my success but I think he has more use of it then I do right now haha! Usually people spit on their hands but that is the nastiest thing I have ever seen, and sense they don't have a sink with soap down on the fields I can't go wash my hands after every play. Sweat works just as well haha. 

Tell Nayprat that he'd better dang well try out for Titan Express. Even though it isn't Titanium, they still get to go on the same trips and do fun things with them!! He will love it! How is basketball going? Is he conditioning after school or anything! Keep informed on how he is doing!! 

That is sooooo cool about the baseball game though! Did Adam actually ask about me? He's such a cool guy! I'm sorry about your toe:( Just rub a little deep blue on it! HAHAHAHAHA SPEAKING OF WHICH! GUESS WHAT!!!!! My friend Elder Williams? His mom sent him with a whole case of that witch medicine essential oils! hahahahahahaha Everybody in our district got sick so he and I gave everybody some "ancient remedies mixed with lavender" haha. 

Anyways I love you so much! Tell grant and Nathan I said Shalome! Lechuga con Queso! 

We were doing initiatories at the temple today and there were a couple Mexicans there. All of a sudden, the next thing I know, I am having a full on conversation with them, in spanish. La Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santos De Los Ultimos Dios es verdadara!!!!! The gift of tongues is a real thing. 

So Dustin, I mean Elder Quinata, and I were having one of our discussions (that I always win) but we didn't know the answer, so naturally I told him I'd ask you. haha just for old times sake. So why did the Lord not accept the grain Cain provided as a sacrifice? It says that Cain was in charge of the fields and Abel was in charge of the flocks right? the commandment was to offer the first of the fruits of your labors or something so why was what Cain had to offer unacceptable?

Your still my favorite seminary teacher! I will send you some pictures don't worry:)

Love Elder S. Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment