Monday, October 6, 2014

One Full Week In Mexico and Still No Word

This is officially the first time in Elder Hackleman's life since the day he was born that I have not had a single bit of correspondence from him.  His brother is on a mission in Peru and there was only one time in his mission that an entire week passed that we did not hear from him and that was his first week at the Missionary Training Center in Provo.  He was assigned a Preparation Day one day after he arrived and since he didn't need it on the second day in the field, he skipped it for that week, which in turn made it a week and a about 3 days before we got our first email from him.

I am sure the same sort of thing has happened with Elder S Hackleman.  We do know that he made it as far as Mexico because he bought himself lunch at one of his layover flights in Mexcio.  We have that transaction on his credit card, but other than that, not a single word to let us know he made it safe and sound and all is well.

At this point you would think I would be a frantic mess.  The answer is, although I would love to hear from him and I am so anxious to see how his travels have been going, I am not in the least bit worried.  I have been comforted the entire time and there is a constant feeling of peace in my heart and in my mind.  I know he is on the Lord's errand, and I couldn't ask for anything more than that.

I love him dearly and I know he will write when he can.  Until then, I will be happy knowing that the mission is a very orderly place.  Each and every missionary is accounted for each and every single day.  If there were any trouble we would have been notified.

I think of Section 4 of the Doctrine and Covenants that says, See that ye serve with all your heart, might, mind and strength.

As long as he does that, I will be one happy mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment