Monday, October 27, 2014

What Kind of A World Is it That We Live In...?

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 8:56 AM, Tim wrote:

Dear Elder,

The Utes went up to Oregon State and won in overtime. They better get their offensive heads on straight because USC is coming to Rice Eccles next weekend!

Everything here is going great! I have been hired at Bellevue University to teach Graphic Design classes. Two things about it. First, classes (for me) won't start until January. Second, they may not start at all. I'm only teaching a class if the class needs dividing. So if there are too many students in one class, they'll split it and I'll take one. It's all taught online so I can work whenever is best for my schedule. The other one that I'm waiting to hear about is Midland University in Fremont about 45 minutes away. They will probably have classes that I will actually need to be present in. That will be a lot fun as well! So, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that much money. It would be around $1,000 to $1,200 a class. Plenty to pay for my two awesome missionaries... and spoil your mom a little more!!! I should hear something about Midland in a week or so.

Your mom is on her way home from Idaho. I can't wait to see her! We had High Priest's Quorum meeting last night. I got to chat a little bit with Bishop Walker. He's doing great and was wondering how you were doing. Tim Law is in China right now. I wonder what crazy thing he's going to come home with!!

Did I hear that you were sick one day? If so, what happened? I also heard about the house full of dead Tarantula's!! Hey! At least they were dead!!! Make sure you use your UV bottle for extra water!!

I am so proud of you! Keep working hard and tell us all about what's happening in your area!!!

I love you son!!

Dad

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:22:51 -0500

Dad I can’t believe Utah is killing it right now! How are the Titans? Also how do you have time for all these classes? I can’t even tell you how grateful I am that you are willing to take on so much extra work to help us serve the Lord. Thank You and I love you. Oh and about the spiders, only some of them were dead. The good thing is I have an awesome comp. He knows I don’t like them. One time we were coming out of our house and he jumped like 6 steps to the bottom. I was like what the clank? and then I saw him kick something. It was a giant tarantula. He killed it before I even saw it. Mexicans like tarantulas because they eat the mosquitoes, but he was looking out for me:) what a good guy! Lol life is great! Love you dad!

Oh and I forgot to tell you. I got my first hair cut on my mission! just the sides. Our mission rule is you have to have a line in your hair so I have to keep the top long enough to do that. It’s so weird dad. I’m not used to it! I actually can brush my hair to the side! What is this?????? what kind of a world is it, when a man dressed up like a bat, I mean has really long hair when he isn’t used to it! We have this gel they sell here that I use because it’s the only stuff strong enough for my hair. It’s like freaking cement. I have to scrub it for like 5 minutes in the shower before it comes out ha ha but at
least my sweat doesn’t effect it!

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder S Hackleman,

How are you doing? Christie, mom and I have been having a fun time. I really had fun with the pictures you sent me posting them on your blog. I added some pictures of Courtney and they really turned out great. Everyone has enjoyed reading it.

I am heading back to Omaha in the morning. It sure is a long drive, but I have had such a wonderful time. It is worth the drive. I came with Luann Johnson. She is the one who moved in the house just up the street from us and her husband is a pilot. She is from Idaho and used to be Sara's roommate in college.

Everyone has been asking about you.

My darn toe is still giving me trouble. I have an appointment with your doctor’s office to have them take a look at my toe and see what's wrong with it.

I sure love you!!!

Love Mom

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Seth wrote:

That’s awesome. Do you agree that Jacqueline looks like Courtney?? haha anyways life is great here. Sorry about your toe! That’s no fun. Keep me updated about it. I’m glad you had fun in Idaho. I hope I hear from some of my aunts and uncles eventually! So this computer is not very fast and my camera is dead, but I do have pictures of our house and stuff so I will send them next week.

So this week my companion and I were trying to find a members house for lunch and we decided to take this road that we never use. As we were walking, we saw this old lady lying on the side walk outside of her house with blood coming out of her head. I ran over picked her up and carried her to a chair just outside the front door. Luckily her daughter happened to be in the house and saw us outside so she came running out to help. I know the Lord led us down that road though because who knows how long she would have been laying there if we hadn’t walked by. She is strictly catholic and usually doesn’t like talking to missionaries but she was so grateful she started calling us her hijos, or sons, and wanted us to call her madre. She accepted to have us go back and talk with her some more so we will have to see where the Lord takes us.

Another story, not so spiritual. SO we have this guy in our ward, who is in the bishopric. His name is hermano Mike. No he isn’t white haha his real name is hermano Miguel, he just goes by mike. He sells perfumes and colognes for a living. My comp and I visited his little shop today to check it out. He sells all of the fancy ones we have in the US but because in his own fancy bottles. So he just has a list of what the scents are and then he pours it into his cologne bottles. He usually sells them for at least 200 pesos, but he told us we could pick one out for only 50! We both got one. That is equivalent to less than $5 in America. The one I got, is a Perry Ellis brand that grandma bought for me one time for $90 hahaha. It’s pretty awesome:) anyways I love you! Tell the family hello for me. How is Nathan doing in show choir?? Love you all! La Iglesia De Jesu Cristo De Los Santos De Los Ultimos Dias es verdadero! LE amo mucho!

Adios

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment