Friday, August 28, 2015

Climbed the Mountain in Orisaba, Mexico. Missionary Letters - June 15, 2015

Looking over Orisaba, Mexico
I don't know how to set the date on my camera. This date hasn't even happened yet. Sorry about that.
I got to spend the day with my old companion. It was great to see him again!


I have a great story to tell about this family.
I know I joke around a lot, so sometimes you don't know what's what, but this is totally true.
I took pictures for proof! Uncle Jared, Pay attention!


This family just HAPPENED to have just moved back from working in the United States, like 6 months ago. Can you guess where they were working??? Yep! You guessed it! Idaho! You know what is even crazier! They were working somewhere in between American Falls and Pocatello, and they happen to know quite a bit about some random sod farm in that area. They weren't sure who it was, but said that there is always some sort of huge party during the 4th of July and the guy who lives there lives in a quansit. They are pretty sure his name is Jared. Do YOU see a connection???


My old comp from Huatusco is a district leader in my zone too so we went to the top of the mountain together! Pretty cool seeing Elder Vega again!


I climbed this flag pole.
It's pretty sweet!
Just kidding. their are stairs:)


I feel like Captain Moroni waiving the Title of Liberty!


We splurged. Mcdonalds is so expensive here but I haven't ever been in an area that has one so we had to do it. I'm sure they were cooked with Idaho potatoes!


Hey mommsmie!!!! Didn’t Nathan get his drivers license? Can’t he drive himself?? That is pretty great you got to see Dave and Carol!!! What stories did you tell them about me???

That is crazy Coty is getting married! Send me a picture of them!

Not going to lie... totally forgot about your anniversary. Just know that if I were still in the US I TOTALLY would have bought you guys something totally awesome from Bed Bath and Beyond! HAPPY ANIVERSARY!!!! MOMMY AND DADDY°! TOTALLY LOVE YOU GUYS AND SO GLAD YOU HAD ME! haha

That will be super fun at the College World Series! Maybe you will see the guys from Duck Dynasty again!!!!

How did Nathan like the concert he went to????

It still sounds so weird to here you are working on wedding plans... I can’t believe my little but older brother is getting hitched! Speaking of which that could be a good family home evening! Watching Hitch! See what Chelsey says when Will Smith kicks what’s her face off of the jet ski haha. Jaren emailed me and said he was setting up his registry. I’m really worried about him Mom. He has no idea how to do those things! I know I gave him a small list but that was just the tip of the iceberg! The good news is, Jenn is his bridal consultant. She is really good and totally loves me so I trust her not to let my bro fail.

What is the plan in Utah?

Anyways, the work is hard and hot here in Orisaba, but I’m loving every minute of it! Today I give my first District Class so that should be fun. Obviously I am going to do it completely different than any other district class ever given and do it the “Amy Hackleman teaching seminary” way with lots of activities and candy. haha!

That is all for now. Most of the rest of the stuff I wanted to tell you, I mentioned in the pictures!

Love you mom! Thanks for everything!

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 5:37 AM, Amy and wrote:

Dear Elder,

How is my favorite missionary doing? I sure love you. This week has been busy because it is the time of the year when I do chart reviews, add to the fact that I am driving Nathan to and from the baseball fields and it keeps me hopping.

Saturday we helped the Porters move Abbie's stuff into a new apartment. Dave and Carol both came. They took us out to dinner. It was good seeing them. They loved to hear stories about you.

Coty Cook just got engaged. I guess he is getting married in July. She looks real nice in the picture on facebook:)

Your dad had the opportunity to speak in a ward for High Council Sunday. I'm sure it was awesome.

Do you know what the significance of June 15th is? 26 years ago your dad and I got married.

We are excited because someone at church gave us two tickets to see the CWS on Tuesday and they are good seats, so that is going to be our anniversary present. Sounds like a whole lot of fun to me:)

Grant got home from scout camp Friday night. He sure had a lot of fun even though it rained a lot and they got soaking wet.

We are working on wedding plans. We have a place nailed down in Utah and the reception here in Nebraska will be at our house.

We are gearing up for the Idaho reunion. Same plan as last year. Should be fun.

I love you tons!

Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment