Monday, September 28, 2015

New Companion July 2015


Here I am with my first companion I will train along with the mission president and his wife! I look funny in this picture... i was sweating pretty bad because the port is sooooooo humid!

Hey mom! I’m sorry I don’t have much time to write today. It has been a CRAZY week here as well. I will write more next week. Sorry I have to keep this short. I did read your email though and thanks for the emails. Tell the Perez family I will be praying for them.

Ok I hope I don’t forget anything. So much has happened this week. Needless to say, I never thought I would be happy to say this on my mission, but I HAVE A SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (This is just a word missionaries use to describe a brand new missionary. When a missionary says they have a son, they are talking about a new missionary.) We just got back from Veracruz. First off, we had interviews with President this last week and he told me he wanted me to be a trainer. He said he is absolutely amazed at how I can go to the supposedly 'harder' areas of the mission and start baptizing immediately. He said he wants me to teach the new missionaries how to do that and for that reason he might have me train for the rest of my mission.... haha I have never heard of that before! I also talked to him about football. I told him my situation and he told me that he wanted me to do the exact opposite of leaving early. He wanted me to write a letter to the church and ask permission to stay in the mission until he gets released as mission president. hahaha He started at about the same time as me so that would be another year:) hahaha he is such a good guy, but then he explained that I just need to tell him a couple months before I need to go and he can buy my plane ticket and everything. He said normally he tries not to do stuff like that but he said the church won’t have any problems getting permission to do it because I am a hard working missionary and not just someone who wants to go home early. He congratulated me on my work and my scholarship too! It made me feel pretty great :)

Anyways, we just got back to our area from Veracruz. We were there all day to receive the newbie’s. For that reason I have like no time to write I’m so sorry. My companion is from Guatamala! President Cordova and I were talking before he assigned everybody their comps, and he told me that there is an elder that is SUPER nervous so he is going to give him to me as 'the only person that I have ever seen that didn’t seem to be nervous on the first day of his mission'. Knowing this beforehand, and knowing the feelings of being a new missionary, when he called our names out I stood up super excited and yelled PRESIDENTE! AQUÍ ESTÁ UN COMPAÑERISMO DIVINO!!! (President, this is a divine companionship!). Everybody started laughing and it really broke up the ice and the mood of the room. My new companion quickly realized that I am not an uptight kind of guy:) haha the whole time I was thinking about Elder Oaks and how he was cracking jokes the whole time in your meeting so I wanted to do something similar. Afterwards president came up and thanked me. He said that it is always like a funeral when the new ones come because they are always so serious, but the minute they learn to start enjoying the mission, is the moment they start to have success. Then he said, you helped them to start enjoying their missions before they even left the offices!

Anyways, my comps name is Elder De Leon. (Elder from lion is what it means in English hahaha).

Ok this is all I have time for. I will try and explain more next week but we have to be in the house now. Sorry! I will try and send a picture of my comp, the mission president and his wife and I.

PS. I got the letters from Brother Kenny! It literally was the greatest thing ever! Next week I will write a letter thanking him. He is soooooooooooooo awesome!!!

I love you all! Hang in their mommy. The times will get better:)

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder,

How are you doing today? Did you have transfers? What investigators do you have?

Jaren baptized the guy he has been teaching on Saturday. That was pretty neat.

We had a family go through the temple on Friday and get sealed to their kids on Saturday. It was a wonderful weekend! I don't know if you remember the xxxxxx family. I think you went with me to their apartment once to visit them. They are a young couple with two little kids. It was a very spiritual weekend!

Well, this is my last week of school. I am so excited to finally get some time off this summer. It really has been a crazy summer. I will enjoy the final time I have with my kids without having to work or spend the day in my room doing homework!

Nathan and Kate did a color run on Saturday. I think they had fun but it sure was hot!

Last week a girl from Nathan's school and seminary class committed suicide. Her name is xxxx xxxxx. It has really been a shock to everyone. Nathan has been very quiet about it. I think it is really hard on him and he doesn't know what to say. He said she and he were the only two in their class who were always there. I think they only missed a day or two all year. She was a quiet but very nice girl who always said nice things to people and had a smile on her face.

It just goes to show you never know what people are feeling inside.

I think Nathan has really been having a hard time in a while. He could use a letter from his older brother.

I love you so much.

On a much better note, I spoke with Collin yesterday. He is going through the temple this week and invited us to go along with him. He is looking so forward to going on a mission. I told him when you three all get back from your missions I expect you all to where sombreros and let me take a 3 amigos picture of you. He thought that was great.

Can't wait to hear from you!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment