Sunday, February 1, 2015

Letters to and from Mexico Jan 26

Hey daddykins!

That is great about Utah basketball! But what are you thinking for the super bowl? Patriots or Seattle? Tom Brady or Seattle’s defense? Should be a pretty good game no? I’m proud of you with those classes though! I wish I could see how you teach! If you ever need a few tips, I’m becoming a master teacher you know;) when in doubt, just devote 24 hours a day to it and you will start to get pretty good at it! haha just kidding. I bet you are amazing. Are you going to be a strict teacher or a chill one?

I actually have a recipe for you to try but I’m thinking about sending it to you in Spanish so you can have some fun trying to translate it. haha. que dice? quiere que yo hago esto? ok bueno, yo voy a hacerlo. aqui esta

POLLO EN CACAUATADO

1 kg de pollo

2 medios crema (i will tell you this one in english. it is just half and half i think)

2 tomates

2 dientes de ajo

1 pedasito de cebolla

2 chiles de chipotle en salsa (i told you in previous email how to make this chipotle salsa)

1 bolsita de cacauate salados

preparacion

se limpio el pollo. se pone a hervir se licua (or food processor) el tomate, cebolla, ajo, chipotle, el cacauate, y la mediacrema. se le agrega al pollo sacarle. un poco de caldito y agregar. lo que. se licuo y dejar. que se cuesa el guiso se sasona con sal al gusto.

I bought a folder and am keeping all of my favorite recipes in it. The member we ate with on Sunday made this for us and I asked her to tell me how lol. If you don’t understand, I will translate for you next week;) love you daddy! Oh and serve that over rice. Thanks for everything papá.

Te amo mucho.

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 11:41 AM, wrote:

Dear Elder,

How was your week? We are doing great up here, everyone is healthy. It was a busy weekend!

The Utes are #12 in Men's Basketball. They should move up a little this week. It's going to come down to Utah and Arizona for the Pac-12 Championship. The Super Bowl is coming up this weekend.

I'm getting a little nervous. Thursday is my first day teaching at Midland University. Introduction to Advertising Design. I have 21 students enrolled so far...gulp. I am just past halfway with my Fundamentals of Print Design class at Bellevue University. It's actually been pretty fun, even though it's an online class. The Ad class will be fun too, I just have to get past the first class jitters. The only thing that kinda stresses me out is the time commitment.

I know you are super busy, but send some pics or stories about what's going on. :)

¡Te amo hijo!

Papá

Hey mommy! The couches look awesome! They remind me of my shoes! I just got them polished ;) there are guys in the streets who will polish them really really nice only for like 20 pesos. It is awesome! I’m only wearing my eccos now because I keep twisting my ankle while I walk in my other pair because they are so worn out on that one side. Needless to say, my eccos got pretty dirty this week so I figured it was time to get them buffed. Now they look as shiny as your couches! haha. I am afraid I'm going to need another pair of shoes soon.  If this pair wears out I will be out of luck.

I haven’t heard from Nathan in a while so you will have to tell me how his show choir goes. I’m happy for him! I’m glad grant has a good friend like Garrett but man I think I want to cry. I really really miss Freddys. Tell grant to eat a bacon burger for me.

Anyways about dad... I can’t even say how grateful I am that he is working so hard to provide for all of you and Jaren and I so we can continue the work of the Lord. Whenever he gets discouraged, just remind him of all the blessings in heaven he will receive for his willingness. I have the best family ever. I told him I could teach him how to scold someone in Spanish so maybe that would help him be more willing to give out bad grades if he could do it in Spanish! haha

So I feel bad because I make you do so much work with all of my scripture questions and object lessons so what if we do a little thing I like to call trampa in spanish. Send me a picture of your homework and I will solve your questions for you while you find me scripture references! haha I’m worried I will forget how to do all of that too! Speaking of which, in Mosiah, how did Alma have the authority to perform baptisms at the waters of Mormon? King Mosiah didn’t ordain him as the head of the church until much later when he was able to call priests and teachers for the seven churches he established in the land of Zarahemla. So how did he get the authority before? I thought it had to be given by the laying on of hands like Christ did with his apostles.

My week was great! This Sunday I will find out if I’m getting transferred. It is very likely I will be. I’ve been here for a long time. I took a picture of the close up thing you wanted last week, and I have it here. The only problem is the internet cafe we usually go to was closed so we are at the one that doesn’t let me send pictures... I’m sorryL I would if I could!

I also lost 5 more pounds haha. I’m down to 240 now. My pants are very big lol and I am on my last belt hole. Who would have thunk! haha. Oh well. I promise I will do my best to send pictures next week! I love you mommy! Keep being awesome! Oh and I never heard back from Daniel

Te amo muchisimo mamá

Elder S. Hackleman

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 12:14 PM, wrote:

Dear Elder,

How has this week been? I hope it is better than last week. Did you get transferred?

We had a good day at church yesterday. I finally finished the table and coaches. I thought I had the table done before, but the finish just wasn't holding up so I sanded it down again and put a different application on it. Trial and error I guess. Hopefully I will be satisfied with this one. I'll bet you can't even recognize the sofa. Now all I need is some fun pillows and this project will be complete.

The weather is nice today. It is supposed to get up to 60 degrees. Crazy for January, but I'll take it!

Nathan has a couple more weeks of practice and then his show choir is going to start their rounds. They perform almost every week for the next couple of months. I can't wait to see him. He won't show me anything right now. He wants the first time for us to see him to be the real deal. We have seen him sing, but never sing and dance yet. I can't wait.

Grant rode his bike all day on Saturday with his friend Garrett. This warm weather is giving us spring fever ha ha. They like to ride to Shadow Lake shopping center and walk around. They usually stop in at Freddy's and get a French fry or milkshake. I love to see him get out. November and December were so cold we tend to stay in a lot.

Nathan had a birthday party for Collin's old girlfriend. Something Ellis? It was on Friday evening and it was warm enough to have a bon fire outside. I know this weather won't last, but it is nice for a change.

The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy for your dad. It is the only time that the two classes he is teaching actually over-lap. He keeps joking around about holding down 3 jobs, but that is exactly what he is doing right now. He's a trooper. He is so funny because he gets so sad when he has to give someone a bad grade. He wants to call them up and mentor them, but there is only so much he can do.

I am chugging along with my math class. It's not so bad. Each week at the beginning of the week I am always over-whelmed because I don't remember the rules, but then after a little refresher, it all comes back to me and by the end of the week I am sailing along. I can certainly see how this is good for me even though I complain a little bit. I keep thinking I just need to get through this quarter. It's funny because we are supposed to read a finance book by the end of the quarter to go along with one of our requirements. They give us a list of approved books to choose from. I have already blown through two different books and I think I might read another one. I love the reading part of it so I guess I am an over achiever when it comes to that part but give me a page with fractions and decimals that I need to do and I will put it off until the last minute because I find no pleasure in that part of the homework.

I sure love you!

Love Mom

Elder Hackleman,

I hope all is well in Mexico. I am currently representing a client who is from Veracruz. He is about 20 and has been here for about 3-4 years. Doesn’t speak a bit of English.

Anyway, I really appreciate the email. It was very thoughtful of you. We love you and your family very much and want to make sure that you are successful. Part of that, is making sure you are not worrying about finances and instead, focusing on what you are doing. If there is anything I can do in that regard, let me know. Your mom mentioned that you are having some shoes wear out. You need Dr. Martens. I have a pair on right now and I love the shoes because the soles are think and made of material that do not break down easily. Anyway, I am happy to send you a pair but I am worried that they will not get to you. Let me know.

Our family talks about you often. Just this past weekend, Jared, Tyler and I went to Rupert to meet up with Chris Hall, a friend of Jared’s. We talked about you on the trip and how you were made to be a missionary.

I hope you realize how blessed you are. I think going to Veracruz on your mission is so cool. You will be able to go back there and visit people you come in contact with and to see the sites and do the other things that you are not able to do as a missionary.

Keep up the good work!

Love Uncle Joel

From: Seth Hackleman
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 1:17 PM
To: Joel Beck
Subject: Mi Tio Joel!!!!

Tio! Como está?? que tal en el bonito estado de idaho? Hey first off sorry for the typos, the keyboards here don’t always work right. I just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you a thousand times for everything. My mom told me that you helped us out last month with our missions and I can’t even begin to describe how thankful I am. I know that it meant so much to my mom and dad also. Thank you for always just being an awesome uncle. You, Anne, Ty, and Beau, and Oakley have always been so amazing. We have always lived so far away and yet I have always felt your support and love in my life, even down here in Mexico. We have a ton of aunts, uncles, cousins, bueno, relatives in general and yet you always seem to be able to show your support for everyone, even the ones who live 18 hours away. (Granted Ty only likes us for our Nike outlet, but hey, whatever it takes ha ha.) Anyways Uncle Joel thank you again, and just know I pray for your family and all of our other relatives every night. Dios te bendigas. te amo mucho.

Elder S. Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment