Monday, February 23, 2015

Photos from Mexico 2-23-2015



Our branch president has a pretty good size bee's nest outside his house. Apparently it is good luck here, so he doesn't remove it. Ha ha

We got to ride in the back of the branch president's truck because he lives about 45 minutes from the town we live in. He gave us a ride one day so we wouldn't have to pay for a bus ticket. It was awesome! For the first time, I felt the wind blow threw my hair. I couldn't ever say that before, because I didn't have hair! It is a great sensation. It reminded me of sitting in the front of uncle Jeff´s boat talking to uncle Joe, and trying not to fall over as uncle Jeff hit the wakes of other boats to freak grandma out, (the roads here are very bumpy). Haha


I'm not sure why but I absolutely love the new Ruffles package.
And look! They even give you 19% more Potatoes!


The sister in the branch who took us up to the mountains and stuff last week, this is her car. We put some cool decals on it. She wanted it in English haha!

We made Mole today for p-day

This is a sauce that is very very popular in this part of Mexico. They put it over, yep you guessed it, chicken. I will tell you everything that is in this sauce. I'm pretty sure the person who created Mole, made it the same way the Beatles wrote the song Yellow Submarine, if you know what I mean. Literally everything and the kitchen sink is basically thrown into a giant food processor and then boiled down into a sauce. I was able to pick out these different ingredients, but I know there is more that I don't know about. 

Peppers, I can't remember what the name of the pepper is. I haven't ever seen it in the us, bananas, animal crackers, sesame seeds, onion, tomato, garlic, peanuts, almonds, cashews, chocolate, and about 4 or 5 other things. 

I actually really like Mole, but it definitely is different. Most gringos throw up, but I have eaten it so much I like it. I never thought it was gross, just very very different. I can't even explain the flavor.

You put all that stuff in this giant machine.It is basically a giant food processor.


And it comes out looking like this.

Hey mom! Yeah thanks for the English tip. I know I need it haha. I could blame it on the keyboard, but to be honest, I'm just flat forgetting English.

Anyways tell Nathan to be careful with those teeth. and congrats on 2nd place!!!! That is awesome!!!! I wish I could watch him! I always loved show choir! I regret not doing it, even though I couldn't with my clanking shoulder. 

Grant, keep working on those basketball skills buddy! Maybe that could be your sport!!!!! Nathan is a stud at it, so keep practicing with him. I know you won't ever be as tall as me, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. 

So grandma Polly is coming? For a month? You guys will have to go to the Zoo a lot for me! Man I miss those days! I was telling my comp about how we had a season pass and we would go every day after school sense I couldn't do anything else with my shoulder in a sling, and he was like, What didn't you get bored? I was like freak no! It was great! Just me and my mommie! Anyways I'm proud of you with your school teaching!!!! I totally use so many of your teaching things in lessons here it isn't even funny. Oh, did coach Olsen know I am serving a mission? I don't think I ever told him. And why hasn't Mrs Reinsche ever emailed me back??! haha oh well.

Ok I want to tell you about the new movie Meet The Mormons. President Córdova got a copy early before it came out and we watched it at our zone conference last week. It is sooo good!!! I am not going to tell you what happens, but I will say pay close attention to the wife of the couple in Costa Rica, and just remember what she does for a living for when I get home from my mission. remember she is an active member in the church!

Really though it was a great movie. It did make me a little trunky though when it showed a part about the Navy football team. After the movie ended, President Cordova got up and asked me if I had my scholarship planned with that team after my mission haha. 

Hey I have some homework for you. I can't remember which section it is in, but I remember reading about the second coming of Christ in the Doctrine and Covenants. It is the section when Joseph Smith asks Christ basically ¨so when are you coming¨ and he doesn't really give him and answer until the third time Joseph asks and He responds with ¨look if you live to be 85, you will see my coming.¨ Just a thought, what do you think about that scripture? I never gave it much thought, but I was talking about it with my branch president yesterday and we came to a very interesting conclusion, but first I want to see what you think:) 

That is about all for now! I will send you a couple pictures. I don't have too many this time. 

Love you mom! Thanks for everything!

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 7:52 

Dad you are seriously the best. I was thinking about it this week and I really have never showed enough gratitude to you and mom for all that you guys do. You have always worked so hard to support the family. We never have been rich, but we have never lacked or been without. I love you so much. I found this scripture that I want you to read. 1 Corinthians 1:4 (I hope that is how you spell it in English).

Love Elder Hackleman 

No comments:

Post a Comment