Monday, September 28, 2015

Collin went to the temple - July 2015

Sorry the picture is blurry. This is Elder Hackleman's dear friend Collin with Elder Hackleman's brother Jaren on the day Collin went through the temple for the first time. Collin has been called on a mission to Mexico and will leave in October. Collin, Seth, and Dustin were three best friends who always wanted to go on a mission to Mexico and as it turns out, all three were called to Mexico!



Hey mom!

So I can’t even tell you how happy I am for Collin! That is so cool! Did Nathan like my email?? (Elder Hackleman sent an email “for Nathan’s eyes only. Nathan admitted Seth was so proud of him for being in the show choir and was secretly jealous because he never had the nerve to try out himself).  I have been really worried about him all week. Remember all those times you told me one day my bad relation with him would come back to bite me? Well it has bitten me so many times. I love him so much!

Life is good! but absolutely crazy. Once again I barely have any time to write today. Forgive me mommy but I promise at LEAST 6 pictures next week, deal?:) Everything is great. My new companion is teaching me a lot of patience which is always good!

I am worried about Jared mom. If it is ok with you, I am going to keep this email a little short so I can write him. I don’t know what I will say except to say.

I love you mom! I’m glad life is easier for you now! This week we had 5 baptisms! I love the family we baptized! They are soooooooooooo awesome, but pictures are coming next week I promise:)

Thank you for all that you do!!

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder,

Collin went through the temple on Friday. It was very nice. He invited our family to go with him. It sure was an exciting time. Nathan and Kate went on a date to the temple. They did baptisms for the dead while we were doing endowments. That's a pretty cool date.

Grant is in Colorado with grandma and grandpa. Tara's son is there as well.

How are you feeling? Are you able to eat without getting sick? I have not seen any pictures of you for a long time. How is it going with your new companion?

Chelsey headed back to Utah on Thursday and will stay there now until the wedding.

Nathan has been asked to sing in Sacrament meeting in a couple of weeks. They said he could have anyone sing with him that he would like. I think he is going to have Grant, Jaren, and Collin all sing with him. We are going to try and figure out the music today. They will most likely sing a 3 part harmony song. I'm excited to see how it turns out. Yesterday Nathan said something about wishing you were able to sing with them. Collin is being a surrogate for you:)

Well, it's official, I am done with school. My last class was on Thursday. I am sure glad to finally have a summer with my boys! Going to school over the summer was one of the hardest things ever with all the extra stuff going on around here. Now I can focus in on my calling as Relief Society President. I feel like I have really been floating along for a while so it's time to do some more diligent work.

I'm not sure if I ever told you, but Joel paid for your mission for the month of July. It seems like every time we are in a position where we don’t know where the money will come from, Joel has helped us out at just the right moment. He sure has been good to us!

I know you have a lot of people you email,

How are things for you? Tell me everything. You make me so proud!

I love you.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment