Friday, May 8, 2015

Missionary letters - April 20, 2015

Melvin's son Sean and Christie's son Conner.
Cousins that look like brothers.

Hey mom! that is awsome! How would Jaren get in state tuition? Jaren bought the Acura???? are you serious? how much??? that is ridiculous!! and what house story? (note from mom, I was writing on my phone and wrote house instead of horse. It was supposed to say everyone loves the Horse story.)

Anyways, this week was very good. I HAVE SOME AMAZING NEWS! WE JUST FOUND OUT THAT SOMETHING BIG IS HAPPENING IN JULY! Try and guess what it is:) This week was really good. We had a couple of baptisms. We were able to maintain all of our investigators in church so that was awesome. The bad news is we had another huge rainstorm this week. We were soaking wet all day but had some of our best lessons! The problem is I walked around with about a gallon of muddy rain water in my boots all day and when I got home I had athletes foot. I was able to buy some spray and stuff though and sense I got right on top of it, i
t is already going away.

I am kind of worried. We have an awesome family that we are teaching and everybody has dates for baptism on Mother's day the 10th. If all continues like it is, we should have AT LEAST 7 baptisms that day. The problem is next week we have changes. Even though I only have two changes here and normally you are in an area for at least three, all of my leaders are telling me I will be leaving. Truthfully, they don't really know for sure because they don't do the changes, president does, but president does ask them about me and has asked about my leadership capabilities. For that reason they think I will leave next week.


I REALLY DON'T WANT TO LEAVE! THEIR IS STILL SO MUCH WORK THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE! but I will go where the Lord wants me to go and trust that the next elder here can seal the deal with some of our investigators. The sad thing is, that is how this mission works. If you have a ton of success and potential for the next change, president usually moves you before, to an area that doesn't have much going for it. It makes sense, but it is hard for me as a missionary because I will prepare everybody for baptism, but then leave right before I actually get to see it happen. That is ok though, as long as I know it gets done, I'm happy! I hate changes though, not going to lie. haha I absolutely love this area and never want to leave hah!

Thanks for everything mom! have a safe drive!!!

Elder Hackleman

P.S. I cant wait for Mother's day! and the thing that is going to happen in July!!:)


On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 7:26 AM Amy wrote:

Dear Elder,


How are you today? I am writing from my phone in the early hours of the morning from Joel's house. Uncle Melvin's funeral that was on Saturday was a nice service. Courtney sang and Jaren played Amazing Grace. I met a couple of my long lost cousins I haven't seen for 25 years at least. Two of Melvin s sons, Derrick and Sean. It was so good to see them and talk to them. Sean lives in New York. He flies out of Salt Lake today. Jaren and I need to go talk to UVU to see about him getting in state tuition so we ended up staying an extra day. I am giving Sean a ride to the airport since it will be on the way. I'm looking forward to spending more time with him.

We have sure had a wonderful time seeing everyone in Idaho. We went to Daniel's ward yesterday for church. Ashley sat on my lap during sacrament meeting so that was awesome!

Jaren bought Joel's car so we will be driving two cars back to Omaha. I sure hope we can stay awake ha ha. We will stop and nap along the way if we get tired.

Everyone loves hearing the horse story.

How are things going? What has your week been like?

I sure love you!

Love mom

No comments:

Post a Comment