Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Week of October 12, 2015 Missionary Letters

I pulled off a miracle with Elder Rodriguez when I got here! 

We had a baptism this Sunday!

Hey mom! That is so cool Grant had a fumble recovery! Especially against Creighton prep! That makes me even happier!!! hahaha.

How is nathan doing at BBB (Bed Bath and Beyond)??? Is he liking it? How much are they paying him?

As for my comp Elder Rodriguez, I am no longer with him. Our time together was short, but well spent! My new comp is Elder Kerr. He is from Minnesota. It is fun to have another gringo comp!

This week was pretty crazy. Even though I only had one real Sunday together with Elder Rodriguez, we still managed to break the mission record with the most investigators at church! We pulled off a miracle baptism and now we have a bunch of opportunities. This number of people is pretty much unheard of among the zone leaders. the problem is that even people who baptize a lot, when they become zone leaders, their numbers drop, not because they don't work hard, just because they have to focus their efforts in other areas like helping the other areas in the zone. I have always said, if I become a zone leader, I am going to change that:)

It is super hot here. I think I will probably die, but that is ok! Like I have always said, if I am going to die single, I want to die on my mission! haha.


The work is going good! Thanks for everything mommy!

Elder Hackleman


On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder,

Another week of football. Well, once the boys got home from conference they spent a week trying to get caught back up on sleep. It was especially crazy for Grant to go right back into football, but he did the best he could. He even recovered a football in a defensive play against Creighton prep. There was a large standing group all bottled up in a pack, I expected the whistle to be blown any second, then all of the sudden I see Grant break out of the pack with the football in his hand and he started running down field. It's always looks funny when a lineman starts running the ball ha ha.

After the game he said he was just helping push the line when all the sudden he realized he had the football in his hands. He doesn't know for sure how it got there, but once he realized it was there, he then needed to get out of the middle of this large pileup. It was so awesome. This is the second time he has recovered the football on a defensive play. The other one he fell on after a fumble, or as he said, he sat on it.

Saturday was the Mormon Homecoming put on by the Hettingers. There were over 100 kids who attended. It was real fun. Grant went and had a blast. Nathan had to work and was in bed by 9:30.

How is it going with your new companion? I keep visualizing you and your companion doing some sort of street dance videoed by someone in the ward. They could send me a copy and I could post it and help it to go viral like the missionary Michael Jackson ha ha. Your companion can show his moves and you could do the worm. The viral missionary dance off that is trending right now is so funny. A couple of missionaries saw some guys break dancing in the street. They asked the guys to do a dance off and if the missionaries won the guys would agree to hear a message from them. Little did they know the one elder happened to be a real good break dancer.

I can't wait to hear from you!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment