Wednesday, March 23, 2016

How I Write My Talks

I talked again in church on Sunday and had everybody laughing and crying at the same time by the end. It is really funny how much giving talks has changed for me since I came on the mission. Remember how I used to type up every word of my talks before???  This is all I wrote down for my talk this past Sunday.



Seth Hackleman wrote:

Hey daddy! Haha don´t feel bad! I have been feeling great! I got over the sickness a couple weeks ago and I have been fine ever since:) As for my shoulder, it is doing good! It seems like the surgery actually did its job! haha It hasn´t dislocated. Sometimes if I have a bunch of stuff in my back pack and it weighs quite a bit, then my shoulder starts to hurt a little but that is just because I haven´t worked out in centuries!!! As for arch supports, I have been hurting pretty bad, but I talked with President Cordova and he is going to take me to a place where they make custom ones so I will be fine! I just have to figure out a time to do it haha.

We did not have any baptisms this week sadly. But we should be having quite a few in this month! Probably towards the end of the month. We have a bunch of investigators which is great. I was surprised we started baptizing so quickly to be honest with you.

I remember Pres Webber! He is awesome! I am surprised he remembers me haha. I didn´t think he would. Who else is on the stake presidency? I can´t remember the other one. I am pretty excited to speak in Sacrament meeting too. I talked again in church on Sunday and had everybody laughing and crying at the same time by the end. It was a pretty good talk if I say so myself:) It is really funny how much giving talks has changed for me since I came on the mission. Remember how I used to type up every word of my talks before??? I will send you a picture of my talk from Sunday:) See if you notice the difference haha.

That is crazy that you had all those reviews! What does that consist of? Just their work ethics and stuff?

As for cool stories from this week... dang I never have a gloomy day.... it is hard to choose the best ones. umm... Oh yeah. So we had another leadership training meeting with all the zone leaders and sister training leaders. I gave a 2 hour long part of the training. It was pretty awesome because while I was up there, I felt inspired to talk about something that I hadn´t planned on talking about. At first I felt a little nervous to do it because I hadn´t gone over it with President Cordova beforehand. But I thought what the clank, I will swing for the fences. So is started talking about the verification from the zone leaders. This might be something hard to understand having never experienced it, but every single night the zone leaders verify for like an hour with all the district leaders. They spend so much time verifying things that in my opinion is useless information. While I was up there, on the spur of the moment, I changed the whole idea of verifying. I changed every method, time frame, days, pretty much everything and I instituted a new way of doing it that would be way more time efficient and hopefully more effective so that they can spend less time verifying and more time planning for the following day. Anyways I thought maybe president would get mad but at the end he said he totally loved my ideas and thought it was going to help out in a major way in the mission! So we tried it this week and we have been seeing some awesome results! Ok so maybe that isn´t very cool from your end but it was a pretty cool experience for me haha:)

That is super cool Nathan is taking the ACT though!!! Good for him! I wish I would have taken it sooner. Oh well.

Thanks for the info daddy! I am missing you tons and tons!"

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment