Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Why Missionary Mothers Worry

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 1:24 PM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder, 

Did you ever hear anything about the huge gang riots going on where something like 50 people were killed? Not to mention the reporter who was killed in one of your old areas? With all that going on I was particularly worried about you last week. I couldn't wait until I could hear from you last Saturday, so when we didn't get a single email I figured it must be you were on lock-down or something. I also thought maybe you worked through your pday and maybe we would get an email on Monday. Basically the moral of the story is I turned my email buzzer onto my phone so every single email that came through, night or day, I would get immediately, just in case you were able to write on a different day. It felt like the past two weeks were the longest two weeks of my life ha ha. Jaren kept telling me, if anything is wrong, you will be notified, so no news is good news that this point. 

Mom,

No I didn´t hear about any of that! I had no idea. No really I have no clue why my letters didn´t go through. If it makes you feel any safer, as long as I am in the offices as AP my phone has internet so if for some reason I am unable to write for real, I will ALWAYS send at least a little message explaining. even if it waits until night when I get to the house. but I just assumed my messages went through so I didn't bother sending another one... anyways I feel really bad for your stress! I wish I would have known.

Dear Elder, 

I think the fact that I knew you could send of a flash email on your phone is part of the reason I was so worried because it made no sense that we wouldn't at least get a message saying, all is well, just busy etc. No worries. I prayed hard, and the spirit let me know all was well. It was a testimony builder for me. Just know patience isn't one of my top virtues ha ha.

Dear Mom,

Sorry about that.  Hey mom! thanks for the official letters:) I just absolutely love hearing about all your little projects:) The only thing that would make it better would be some pics! You know I like to see those:) Anyways that is super cool about Natasha! Bishop Decker wrote me and told me a little about it. but tell her I said congratulations!
As for when I get home, I would love to go to Idaho! I really want to see everyone:) haha I have been living a "constantly moving around" life style for almost 2 years so that doesn't bother me at all:) but the 4th is on a Sunday right?

This week we only sent home a generation of people who finished. They weren´t early releases just the normal ones! But two of them were some of my best friends. One was Elder Jensen who was with me in my very first area and the other one was my zone leader in Orizaba and we are super close

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder,

Ok, I finally have a chance to sit down and write a real email today. We just got back from the church basketball game, Freddies, talking all about the game and now we are getting showered and ready to go to the zoo. Last Saturday was one of the coldest days ever and today is beautiful and 65 degrees. I am stir crazy to get out in the fresh air.

This week has been a good one. I built some shelves in my bedroom. Now I'm getting a little bug to start doing some more. I love building things ha ha.

We really had a good time talking with the Grunig's until all hours of the night.

Last night Natasha Gladney went through the temple. It was a nice night.

Well, Nathan's little break from show choir competitions is about over. Next Saturday they start hitting the circuit again. They dropped out of a couple competitions because they realized they needed to fine tune some things, so they had some clinicians come in and work with them and I guess they have made some great progress. I'm excited to see the changes.

Grant's finger has healed up nicely. I'm sure glad it is doing better, finally.

So what are your thoughts about when you get home? Do you immediately want to go on a road trip to Idaho or do you want a break for a couple of weeks first and then go? We are trying to plan our family reunions.

Did you have any missionaries get sent home early this week? I know you stay so busy.

I sure love you!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment